At the March 2011 Town voting, the voters of Tamworth considered adopting a Groundwater Protection Ordinance (GPO). This ordinance was created in a joint effort of the Conservation Commission and the Planning Board. It was intended to help reduce the risk of contamination of groundwater. The Ordinance was defeated. However, most of the same best management practices are required by the state - and are just a good idea!
Below, you can download documents related to the development of the 2011 Groundwater Protection Ordinance:
- the FINAL 1/31/11 version of the Ordinance
- a map showing the groundwater protection district
- an annotated version of the 1/31/11 version of the Ordinance, explaining each part and explaining the changes due to public comments since earlier versions
- a Frequently Asked Question summary of the Ordinance (updated 12/28/10; still current for the FINAL 1/31/11 version)
- a chart showing how and to whom the Ordinance would and would not apply (still current 1/31/11)